A fun-filled day for dogs of all shapes and sizes!
The 9th annual Tails on the Trails event!
Hike Guidelines and Rules
We need your help to make sure that this hike runs smoothly and safely for everyone involved. These guidelines have been established to accomplish these goals. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us... call 267-566-5496 and leave a message with your name and contact information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All dogs must be on a leash (6 ft. maximum) at all times. 6-foot leashes will be available for purchase at the hike. No flexi or extendable leashes permitted.
- Participants are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs and agree to be responsible for their dog at all times during the hike/picnic.
- Limit of two dogs per handler All attendees must have control of their dog(s) at all times. We will have a special time-out crate area, which will be supervised by TOTTSHR volunteers, if you need to crate your dog(s) for any reason. If you are handling 2 dogs, and we determine you do not have them under control, we reserve the right to ask you to crate one of the dogs.
- All dog handlers must be 16 or older. Under age hikers can walk a dog if the dog is secured by two leashes, one of which is under the control of someone 16 or older.
- Hikers who wish to walk one of our foster dogs must present a valid photo ID and must be 18 or older. However... dogs can be walked double lead (two leads attached to the dog, one held by an adult and one by a child.)
- No dogs are permitted in the food and picnic areas due to park and state health guidelines. Dogs can be secured in the time-out crate area.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations and wearing their rabies tag and ID tags.
- TOTTSHR reserves the right to turn away dogs that are threats to participants of the hike or to flag dogs as potential threats.
- If your dog is not friendly with other dogs or strangers, you will be asked to have your dog wear a Red Bandana, which we will provide if needed.
- Pledges should be collected prior to the hike. You can mail your pledges to us or turn them in at pledge table on the day of the Hike. Pledges must be received by 11am at the pledge table on the day of the Hike or postmarked by Sept. 21st to qualify for prizes!
- All dogs must be under the control of their handler at all times. All attendees must have control of their dog(s) at all times. We will have a special time-out crate area, which will be supervised by TOTTSHR volunteers, if you need to crate your dog(s) for any reason. Please note if we determine you do not have your dogs under control, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the area.